Saturday, July 8, 2006

Opening weekend grosses

This is why I am very selective on which movies I see on their opening weekend. I know it might be hard for people to understand, but I do not like to jeopardize Star Wars box office records and grosses by seeing films which have a tendency to draw in a lot of people. I know, you're saying, "Don't you think that's a little weird, a little psycho?" No, I don't. I respect the integrity of Mr. Lucas' films and I want to do what I can to preserve it. Of course I realize that one man is not going to effect anything, but for me it's about the principle. I didn't go see 'Superman Returns' until the following Monday, and I'm sure this pirate movie is entertaining and probably pretty good, but I don't think it deserves to draw more opening day business than 'Episode III'. I still am yet to see 'Titanic', and I am a huge James Cameron fan. So I guess I'll let you have your opinion, but don't rag me up and down about mine.

No comments: