Thursday, February 14, 2008

By the power of construction paper and pink frilly lace!

Ok, I'm not a big fan of Valentine's Day. It completely double-fucks you by being a forced, commericialized holiday to be endured and passed rather than looked forward to while in perfect synchronicity it makes you feel insecure and devalued if you aren't spending it with someone you have a chance to make out with at the end of the night. I don't even know who St. Valentine is, except that I think he was a martyr who got literally ripped apart by Celts.

Once again, like every year of my sexual maturity, I have no significant other or date today. The closest I've ever come was getting dumped a couple of days before February 14 my freshman year of college. It's typically a good pencil-me-in-depressed date on the calendar. However, this year I have received a Valentine's gift that ranks a close second behind my first eye-opening volume of Lovecraft stories for best V-Day gift ever.

Yesterday I received in the mail from my mother via some dude in Michigan....


...A COMPLETE VINTAGE HE-MAN AND BATTLE CAT!!! Other than a bit of smudge on the face, dude and plastic green tiger are in great shape and come with all the requisite accoutrements. Thinking about taking him to work to set up in my hell-cube. I am also informed that Castle Greyskull is on the way and that my entire childhood He-Man action figure collection will be recreated for me after I stupidly sold them all for 25 cents a pop. What a fucking rad suprise...thanks Mom!

And to add to that, Uncles Steve and George gave me another great present in the finally-released trailer for Indy IV.



I have to say that this may be my most anticipated film this summer with the recent tragedy connected to Dark Knight. Either way though, I'm pumped and looking forward to it. I'm 10 years old again today. Enjoy your chocolates; I've got to get back to geeking out.

4 comments:

Me said...

Hell yes! I was bouncing up and down in my seat watching the preview - so freaking awesome.

And mad props to you mom on the stellar toys.

Anonymous said...

I'm probably stating the obvious, but I wonder if their is a correlation between a lack of valentine's day dates and collecting "COMPLETE VINTAGE HE-MAN AND BATTLE CAT!!! "

The Dunce Cap Marvel said...

I don't know, I probably hadn't thought about He-Man in about 10 years before this. It was more of a childhood memory sort of gift than "you're a fucking dork, here's some toys".

I mean, I am on match.com, I've lowered my supposed "high standards" some, and I'm actively trying to meet girls for probably the first time in my adult life. It's not like on my online profile I list interests: Star Wars, vampires, and dressing up like Legolas from Lord of the Rings and playing Dungeons & Dragons. I'm not an idiot.

But I can't help if none of the chicks I email ignore me. Their fucking loss.

Anonymous said...

Dude, it was a joke. If it makes you feel any better, Valentine's day is a huge pain in the ass for people in relationships as well.