Friday, June 20, 2008

Country mouse goes to the big city

Few words before I lay down for a few hours here...

Tomorrow I'm going to the Big City for the first time in my life. NYC. This weekend is the 2008 Baseball Extravaganza portion of the so-far not-very-fulfilling Summer of Seersucker. Was going to fly a 30-minute shuttle down and rent a car in the city to drive Joe, Tony, and I back to Boston but that cost like $200 for a day. Instead, they would rather have you take the car for 3 days, put on double the miles, and pay something like $60. Go figure. Reds v. Yankees on Saturday for my first (and probably only) game at original Yankee Stadium. Come home for Sox v. Cards on Sunday. It's supposed to rain and thunderstorm all weekend. Dear God, I beseech you -- please issue a stay of execution on the weather this one time for me. I have too much invested in this weekend financially, emotionally, and spiritually. I need this.

Ugh....I'm done. I know I've been absent, but I swear next week I'll get back to it. Lots to discuss including Russian literature, a heart-wrenching Italian film that actually gives The Bicycle Thief a run for its money, Dunce Cap math, my face + exploding oil + pain, seersucker, wilderness adventures, and the Death of Grace (?). Adios.

ps. Here's hoping I don't get my skull split by some thug Yankees fan in a sports bar for being too mouthy. Restraint is my weekend watchword.

pps. Would it be too much to ask that the fucking baseball team starts winning some games?

No comments: