Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Back, but not in black

THAT FICKLE MISTRESS
It's a real beautiful day in April when it fucking snows. Honestly, last week I was wearing shorts here and now it looks like two weeks of garbage weather flirting around the 35-45 range with rain every day? I don't have a problem with Massachusetts winters, but this shit is completely uncalled for. Especially when it's in the 70s and two days later...

CLEARLY NOT IRISH
...it's fucking snowing 8 inches. Yeah, St. Patrick's Day in Boston officialy blew this year. Originally my cousins were coming in to celebrate like last year. They had to cancel this go around; no big deal. I had buddies coming in from Chicago and Georgia to replace them. After a "No Snow" winter who would have thought 6+ inches would have dumped on us deep into the month of March. Of course, American airports followed the trend of ineptness and no one got in or out of Boston. I said sayonara to my buddies and curled into a ball. In addition, my phone broke and I missed out on every piece of tin whistle/fiddle/uilleann pipe music there was in metro Boston. But I did get really drunk.

GEORGIA ON MY MIND
A few weeks ago I did visit Atlanta after a long absence from the town. I returned to find that nothing had changed and the place still sucks. Although it was nice to see cute blonde Southern girls in short skirts, including one of my very own. It was a vacation I sorely needed. Georgia was okay; I have missed the availability of Chick-Fil-A but couldn't have cared less about the smell of the dogwoods and the half inch of pollen covering the ground.

3 comments:

Me said...

Can I reschedule 3/17 for 12/7?

The Dunce Cap Marvel said...

Why would you want to come then?

Me said...

GC - loser