Sunday, December 31, 2006

Change of scenery?

I am so damn nervous right now. The last few days I have casually been putting around craigslist looking for a new place. The reason? I am sick to death of living in this dump of a house. Having to share a bathroom, enduring cackling hyena woman, the guy down the hall who smells like he hasn't showered since 1978, no heat to speak of...it's all just a little too much. But hopefully that's all about to change.

So I find what looks to be a pretty nice place in Salem. I really love Beverly and wasn't planning on moving to Salem, but this place is in a good location, includes all the utilities, and is a decent price. After checking out another apartment on the other side of Salem this morning, I decided to walk over and check out the street this place is on. Turns out it is right across the street from the fucking House of Seven Gables! I am all but decided that I'm taking this apartment; though a paltry two hundred years separate us, I could be neighbors with Nathaniel Hawthorne!

I came home straight away to email the landlady back; I would have sprinted over the Essex Bridge if the sidewalks weren't covered with ice and slush. I am so anxious about hearing back from this lady. My hands haven't stopped shaking, my stomach is in knots, and I am sick with worry that she won't get back to me or that I'll somehow lose out on this apartment. I really wish she had left her phone number in the ad. Wish me luck...

2 comments:

Me said...

Well, I gave her a good reference for you...

Anonymous said...

So...any news?